Garbage, Recycling, Household Hazardous Waste
Effective September 1, 2023, the City of Dalworthington Gardens will move to Community Waste Disposal (CWD) for collection of garbage, recycling, and household hazardous and electronics waste.
Residential trash will be collected on Tuesdays and Fridays, and residential recycling will be collected on Fridays. Residential trash is hand-collect bagged service with bags provided by customer. Residential recycling is in CWD provided 95-gallon carts.
CWD Customer Service Representatives are available to assist you from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays and from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays. Please call CWD at 972.392.9300 option 2 for assistance.
You can also visit our City's personalized CWD site at www.CWD.to
Recycling must be contained in a 95-gallon CWD recycling cart. Place recycle carts at curbside by 7 a.m. on collection days to ensure pick-up.
- Acceptable: Glass bottles and jars that are clear, brown and green in color
- Not Acceptable: Light bulbs, window glass, plate glass, ceramic items and mirrors
- Acceptable: Plastic products numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7. These items include milk jugs, soda and drink bottles, shampoo bottles and detergent containers
- Not Acceptable: Serving items such as utensils, plates and cups; butter tubs; and bottles that have contained oil or petroleum by-products.
- Acceptable: All steel/tin cans, aluminum beverage cans, and non-ferrous containers
- Not Acceptable: Aluminum foil
- Acceptable: Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, telephone books, office paper & school paper, file folders and records, junk mail, and cardboard products such as cereal boxes, soda cartons and other household paper products
- Not Acceptable: Wax-coated paper drink containers, shredded paper, wet tissues, wet paper, paper towels, or paper that has been contaminated with food products such as meat cartons and pizza delivery boxes
Household hazardous waste and used electronics collection
Free Cart Wash!