To apply, please log on to the TML website and follow the application for employment by searching for Dalworthington Gardens.
Public Safety Officer
• Provides for the protection of life and property within the community and the enforcement of local, State, and Federal laws, regulations, codes, and ordinances.
• Conducts a variety of duties that include patrol, traffic enforcement, criminal investigations, and/or special details, driving emergency vehicles, performs fire fighting duties and provides emergency medical treatment to the sick or injured.
• Answers medical calls and fire calls when emergencies arise.
• All applicants must be a U.S. Citizen and 21 years of age.
• Valid Texas Driver's License with acceptable driving record.
• All qualified applicants MUST complete an application in order to be considered for the position. Position is open until filled.
• Qualified applicants must submit to a pre employment written and physical agility test, drug test, psychological and physical examination as well as a criminal background check.
• All qualified candidates must be of good moral character and able to communicate with the public, be available for shift work, weekends and holidays.
• TCOLE Basic Certification. Texas Peace Officer's License, and must qualify annually with assigned firearms.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 60 semester hours with a GPA of 2.0 or higher (not including academy hours) with significant course work in law enforcement, management, business, or political science
• An honorable discharge from the armed forces after at least 24 months of active duty service.
• Basic Firefighter Certification
• Basic Emergency Medical Technician Certification
We are a Public Safety Organization; our pay structure has supplemental pays. Depending on your certifications (EMT, Firefighter, College Degree, etc.), pay can be supplemented.
Our department operates on a biweekly 12 hour schedule, which allows for 4 hours of overtime each pay period.
Starting Pay $40,000
4 hrs OT $ 2,000
Firefighter $ 4,200
EMT Supplement $ 4,200
4 hrs OT EMT/FF pay $ 630
TOTAL $51,030 (after completion of Training)
The City of Dalworthington Gardens is an EOE.